ViaWallet is a decentralized wallet, users hold their own private keys. As a user, your assets are completely controlled by yourself.
If assets in your wallet are stolen, you should:
- Realizing that your wallet’s private key or mnemonic words have been leaked, you should immediately create a new wallet and back up the new wallet.
- Transfer the assets from your old wallet to the new wallet as soon as possible.
- Recall in which situations you might have leaked your wallet’s private key or mnemonic words.
- Immediately call your local police and ask them for help.
ViaWallet will not record any of your account information, nor manage or operate your assets. Therefore, if your wallet mnemonic is lost or your assets have been stolen, ViaWallet cannot assist in retrieving it.
We are truly sorry for the users' assets lost. Before you ask ViaWallet for help, there are a few things you should know first:
- ViaWallet is a decentralized wallet, which indicates that ViaWallet does not help users to store their private keys, nor does it help user to manage their assets.
- Again, ViaWallet is a decentralized wallet. We don’t collect users’ personal information, therefore we may not be able to provide evidence that is useful for the case.
- Be sure to provide detailed information to the police and ViaWallet, do not withhold the information nor avoid responsibility.
If any other questions, please submit detailed information to https://support.viawallet.com/hc/requests/new
Our customer representatives will work rapidly toward the case and we’ll keep you notified through email.