ViaWallet is a decentralized multi-cryptocurrency wallet, where the private keys are entirely controlled by our users. ViaWallet does not record the user's private keys and does not have the ability to manage nor operate the user's assets.
If assets in your wallet are stolen, you should:
1. Realize that your wallet’s private key or mnemonic words has been leaked, you should immediately create a new wallet and back up the new wallet.
2. Transfer the assets from your old wallet to the new wallet as soon as possible.
3. Recall in which situations you might have leaked your wallet’s private key or mnemonic words.
4. Immediately call your local police and ask them for help.
We are truly sorry for what you have encountered. Before you ask ViaWallet for help, there are a few things you should know first:
1. ViaWallet is a decentralized wallet, which indicates that ViaWallet does not help users to store their private key, nor does it help user to manage their assets.
2. Again, ViaWallet is a decentralized wallet. We don’t collect users’ personal information, therefore we may not be able to provide evidence that is useful for the case。
3. Be sure to provide detailed information to the police and ViaWallet, do not withhold the information nor avoid responsibility.
Please send all the detailed information to https://support.viawallet.com/hc/requests/new
Our customer representatives will work rapidly towards the case and we’ll keep you notified through email notifications.