The essence of ensuring the asset security in the wallet is to make sure the safety of your private key, that is preventing leak of passphrase or mnemonic words; To be specific, you need to be more careful when backing up mnemonic words. Once it's leaked, your assets security might be endangered.
Here are a few things you should be noticed when securing your wallet security:
- While creating your wallet, please backup your mnemonic words as soon as possible.
- Use a physical medium to backup your mnemonic words, for instance, you could write them down on a piece of paper and keep it in a secure location.
- Ensure that the mnemonic words are written in the correct order and run a double check.
- Import the mnemonic words into other compatible wallets to make sure it works.
- Keep multiple backups of mnemonic words separately in different secure locations.
- Do not back up mnemonic words in any electronic forms, including screenshot, photo, cloud storage, email, notepad or other third-party apps; you should keep it to yourself only and make sure it always stays offline.
Please kindly be advised:
ViaWallet is a decentralized wallet and we're unable to find them back for you if it's got stolen or lost accidentally! Please back up the mnemonic words properly and never tell anyone about it to avoid asset loss!